VHP (Telehealth) Policy and Recommendations during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Emergency.
VHP's healthcare recommendations and prescription refill policy.
COVID-19 Resources: Frequently Asked Questions
Information About At-Home OTC COVID-19 Tests and Reimbursements.
The federal government is now providing four free at-home COVID-19 test kits to each residential address in the U.S. You do not need to be covered by any insurance plan to be eligible. Order your free-test kits from the federal government at COVIDtests.gov. The free test kits are neither provided nor mailed by Valley Health Plan, and we are unable to answer questions about your order. If you have questions about the federal government’s free test kits, please visit COVIDTests.gov.
In addition to this program, there are many options for VHP members to get tested. Please review this list of County sites and local pharmacies that offer free COVID-19 tests.
Option 1: Visit Approved In-Network Retail Pharmacies
1. Check for availability and visit a retail pharmacy to find an OTC COVID-19 test. You can find our in-network retail pharmacies through a “Pharmacy Network Search”: https://www.valleyhealthplan.org/sites/g/files/exjcpb771/files/documents/M-NavitusParticipatingPharmaciesNetworkListing-01012022-Final-Covid-Test-Kits.pdf
2. If in stock, and after finding the OTC COVID-19 test at the in-network retail pharmacy, ask the pharmacist to process the purchase of the test through Navitus, VHP’s pharmacy benefit administrator.
3. If the in-network retail pharmacy is out of at-home tests, see if they are available at approved health centers by following the procedure below.
4. If you need help, or if in-network retail pharmacies are out of stock, please contact Member Services.
Option 2: Visit Approved Health Centers
1. Check this link to locate qualified health centers near you to pick up a zero out-of-pocket cost OTC COVID-19 test : https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
2. Once you locate a nearby approved health center, please check availability of the test. If available, please pick up your test.
3. If approved health centers are out of stock, please review the information under “Visit Approved Retail Pharmacies.” You can also look at the information under the “Direct Member Reimbursement Options” for reimbursement options for purchase of tests from another pharmacy, store, or online retailer.
4. If you need help, or if approved health centers are out of stock, please contact Member Services.
To learn about reimbursements for purchases of at-home COVID-19 test kits, please see below.
Direct Member Reimbursement of OTC COVID-19 Tests:
If you might want to purchase an OTC COVID-19 test and request reimbursement, please review and follow the process prior to your purchase:
1. Purchase an FDA approved OTC COVID-19 included in the list below: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/in-vitro-diagnostics-euas-antigen-diagnostic-tests-sars-cov-2\
2. If you purchased an approved OTC COVID-19 test, please fill out the reimbursement form provided here: Microsoft Word - Prescription Drug Claim Form - DMR - 100112 (valleyhealthplan.org)
3. If your reimbursement claim is approved, your purchase cost will be reviewed for reimbursement according to federal requirements, up to a limit of 8 individual OTC COVID-19 tests for every 30-day period starting on January 15th, 2022.
For other questions about zero-cost or reimbursed OTC COVID-19 tests, please contact Member Services at 1.888.421.8444 or by emailing [email protected].