Fall 2021 Talk
Thursday, September 16th, 12:00-1:00 pm
6 Key Nutrients for Healthy Aging
- Discuss how food affects our longevity and the 6 key nutrients that you want to include in your daily diet.
- What is the Okinawa Diet? Explore this diet's primary foods and their health benefits.
- Learn if vitamin supplements are necessary for healthy aging?
6 Key Nutrients for Healthy Aging Flier
Winter 2021 Talk
Thursday, December 9th, 12:00-1:00 pm
Immunity Boosters - Staying Healthy During the Cold and Flu Season
- Learn which foods can boost your immune system and which foods inhibit it.
- Explore how your gut health impacts your immune system
- Discuss how vitamin supplements can play a role in immunity
Spring 2022 Talk
Tuesday, March 1st, 12:00-1:00 pm
Healthy Weight Loss and Examining Fad Diets
- Learn simple tips for losing weight and keeping it off.
- All calories are not created equally. Learn how what you eat is more important than counting calories.
- Discuss popular fad diets and the pros and cons of each.
- Explore if intermittent fasting is right for you.
Summer 2022 Talk
Tuesday, June 7th, 12:00-1:00 pm
Keeping our Minds Sharp: How Food Can Help Prevent Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Learn which nutrients are important for maintaining a healthy brain
- Discuss foods that increase our risk of Alzheimer's and dementia and which foods reduce our risk.
- Explore the role of Omega-3 fats in a healthy brain. Do you need to take an Omega-3 supplement?
Pre-registration through VHP is required unless noted otherwise.
Classes and schedules are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.
A Waiver of Liability form must be signed to participate in any exercise or fitness class offered by VHP.