Valley Health Plan (VHP) was established in 1985 as a Knox Keene-licensed, publicly sponsored health plan to serve County of Santa Clara employees and their families. Now, with almost 40 years of commitment to our region, VHP is a preferred “plan of choice” among members, providers, health insurance brokers, and community partners.
Since inception, VHP has broadened its reach and impact through successful expansions of its coverage programs and service areas, and now supports the health and wellness of over 200,000 residents in Santa Clara, San Benito and Monterey Counties through employer group plans, Covered California, individual and family plans, a Medi-Cal Managed Care partnership, and administration of county-sponsored health access initiatives.
In collaboration with our network of the region’s most preferred providers and hospitals, and with a focus on strengthening the healthcare safety net, VHP continues to build upon opportunities in the communities we serve to pursue our Vision and Mission of accessible, equitable, high-quality care for our region’s residents.
VHP will have a positive and equitable impact on the health of our families, friends, and neighbors.
To support the well-being of our members through a commitment to accessible, high-quality health services and community-focused, local care.
- care about the total well-being of our members.
- show compassion and understanding for where each person is on their health journey.
- enhance our community by advocating for the diversity of each individual.
- embrace a commitment to ensuring that our members are treated with dignity and respect, and the importance of insuring health equity in both treatment and outcomes.
- form a lasting connection with our providers, brokers, and other partners to promote local business.
- strive for continuous improvement in the services we offer and satisfaction with the VHP experience.