At Valley Health Plan, we speak a language of quality coverage, service excellence, and member satisfaction.
Our members hear this language every time they interact with us; our providers hear it when they offer care to our members, and brokers hear it in how we conduct business.
Valley Health Plan (VHP) is a Knox-Keene licensed Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) owned and operated by the County of Santa Clara since 1985. As of 2021, our service area expanded to cover Santa Clara, San Benito, and Monterey Counties.
In 2013, VHP expanded its license to offer individual plans directly to consumers and through Covered California. We now offer Individual and Family Plans both on and off the exchange marketplace, extending our reach and our ability to serve our communities.
Here’s why we’re your ideal partner for local health plan options:
- We’re the only locally-based commercial health plan in Santa Clara, San Benito, and Monterey Counties. We’re accessible and we know your clients better than any other plan because we live and work in the same communities.
- Our history proves that we’re committed to serving the diverse communities and residents of Santa Clara, San Benito, and Monterey Counties. Everything we do is local, community-focused, and personal - making it easier for you to sell and expand your business.
- We have the highest standards for member satisfaction, so your clients will stay longer with us - and with you.
- Affordable plan options - offering the lowest HMO prices on the most popular Covered California Plans.
- Easy application process for the VHP Individual & Family Plan for those who do not qualify for subsidies or tax credits.
- A strong focus on wellness and education to keep your clients healthier with
- Free exercise & nutrition classes
- Free Care Management Program for complex cases and disease management
- Programs to help prevent and manage chronic diseases