County of Santa Clara Employees
Welcome to VHP
VHP has been serving your family, friends, and neighbors for almost 40 years, with a commitment to accessible, high-quality services and community-focused, local care.
Whether you have already joined the VHP family or are considering choosing us to be your partner in health, we have friendly, local staff ready to help online, on the phone, or face-to-face.
$0 Co-pays/Deductibles/Premiums for almost all services*
$0 Office visits
$0 Hospital services
$0 Hospitals stays
$0 Emergency and urgent care services
$0 Premiums (for most bargaining units)
*for most bargaining units
VHP has a strong, diverse group of networks with over 1,100 credentialed network Providers
- Extensive Provider Network - including Northern California Physicians Network (NCPN), Montage Medical Group, Salinas Valley Medical Clinic, Silicon Valley Medical Development (SVMD) **, Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF)**, Physicians Medical Group of San Jose, Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP), San Benito Medical Association (SBMA), Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA), Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC), select Sutter Gould Medical Foundation locations, and more being added every day.
- If you commute from South County, you can access St. Louise hospital for care and many hospitals based Independent Providers along with our network
- Commuters from Hollister, Salinas, Watsonville, or Monterey can also take advantage of our expanded network including San Benito Medical Associates, Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP), Montage Medical Group and Salinas Valley Medical Clinic.
Our Classic Plan, also includes networks in Alameda County, Stockton, Tracy, Modesto, Turlock, and Lodi for our County employees who live in the Valley
Employees who work and live in SCC have access to Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Classic Plan Enrollees) Independent practices, Physician Medical Group (PMG). Silicon Valley Medical Development (SVMD). Santa Clara County Individual Practices (SCCIPA) and SCVMC
Friendly, local staff to help you online, on the phone, or face-to-face
**Classic Plan Only
VHP makes it easy to get your medication. We have pharmacies Nationwide!
- Nationwide Pharmacies such as Costco*, Safeway, Raley's, Walgreens plus select local pharmacies
MDLIVE Doctor's can also send your prescription to a VHP plan pharmacy.
$0 copays for all PCP prescribed medications.
For more pharmacy network information, click here.
*Costco membership not required
VHP has you covered worldwide
Emergency Services are covered anywhere in the world, including:
- Acute illness
- Major injuries, such as broken bones
- Impairment to bodily functions
- Difficulty breathing or chest pains
Telehealth Options for VHP Members
- Many providers networks and Personal Care Providers include a Telehealth option for you to access care.
- VHP also offers MDLIVE for 24/7/365 Access
- No copays for VHP members
- Doctors available for urgent care and behavioral health services (Talk Therapy & Psychiatry)
- Doctors can offer a diagnosis and write prescriptions to your plan pharmacy
- Great option for college students who need access to urgent care services while at school.
- Available on Android and iOS
Behavioral health services
- Expanded network includes MDLIVE for therapy and medication management
- No authorization required for outpatient therapy and visits with psychiatrists
- Case management program to support the Member
Strong focus on health & wellness
- Nutrition programs to help you eat healthy
- Discounted programs such as Weight Watchers
- Tobacco Cessation program
When you choose VHP you become more than just a member…you become part of the VHP family.
Already a Member? Use our Provider Search to make sure your doctor is in the VHP Network
Want to make sure your Primary Care Physician (PCP) is a part of the VHP Network? Use our convenient Provider Search to check. New doctors are joining the extensive VHP Network every day, so make sure to call your doctor to see if they are a VHP Provider even if they do not appear in the search tool.
How to search for your doctor:
Click on the Provider Search Link
Select your Plan (most County employees, including new employees from O’Connor and St. Louise, are part of the Employer Group - Classic Plan)
Choose Provider from the Select a Service Type drop-down menu
- Type in the last name of your PCP in the box under Name
- Click enter on your keyboard