VHP is the best Covered California option for residents of Santa Clara, San Benito, and Monterey Counties. As the area’s only locally-based commercial health plan, VHP has been serving your family and friends for almost 40 years. With the lowest cost on most Covered California plans in Santa Clara County and competitive costs on plans in San Benito and Monterey Counties, we can help you get the right plan for your family's needs. Get a free cost comparison with the Covered California shop and compare tool. At VHP, we speak the language of our community- local, personal, and at the right cost.
If you have had a qualifying life event, you can get coverage now through Special Enrollment. During this period, people can enroll in a health plan without any qualifying life event. Don't miss your chance to sign up and let VHP help you take care of your family.
Why VHP? Because we offer:
- Local service & customer support
- Strong, community-based health plans
- Quality-based care
- Almost 40 years of experience serving our community
- Affordable plan options
At VHP, we are proud to offer Covered California plans that will save you money. But, we also know that cost is not the only thing to consider. Some great reasons that make VHP the right choice for your family are:
- Some of the lowest cost plans in San Benito, Santa Clara, and Monterey Counties. Find out more about our rates and plan information. See the justification for why rates were increased for 2024 plans.
- A growing, high-quality network of doctors, hospitals, and clinics.
- A wide choice of pharmacies including nationwide Safeway and Albertsons, Walgreens, Raley's, and Costco pharmacies.
- Free or low-cost nutrition and fitness classes.
- Helpful, friendly staff located in San Jose and Salinas.
- Talk to a doctor any time, any day by phone or video with MDLIVE.
Find out more about our Covered California Plans:
Covered California Plans for American Indians and Alaska Natives
For more information about VHP's benefits, please see Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). If you are ready to enroll or have more questions, call us directly at 1.888.421.8444 (toll-free).
*Covered California will determine eligibility for financial assistance such as tax credits and cost-sharing subsidies that can lower your cost for care. You can visit www.coveredca.com to learn more about tax credits and subsidies.
*If you are 30 years or older and wants to buy a Catastrophic health plan, you must apply for a hardship exemption to qualify. Learn about hardship exemptions and Catastrophic plans.