VHP is the only locally-based health plan in Santa Clara, San Benito, and Monterey Counties. Serving the community for almost 40 years, we know our providers and can help find the best fit for your health care needs. We offer a quality network of primary and specialty care providers, convenient nationwide pharmacies including Costco, Walgreens, Safeway, and other select local pharmacies. VHP also offers free health education classes focused on nutrition, fitness, and parenting, as well as a variety of chronic disease prevention and management programs.
Open Enrollment for VHP Direct health plans runs from November 1 to January 31.
Currently, it is the Special Enrollment period. You might qualify to purchase health coverage during Special Enrollment if you have had one of the following major changes in your life:
- Lost your health insurance
- Moved to Santa Clara, San Benito, or Monterey County
- Added a child to your family by birth, adoption, or foster care
- Returned from active military service
- Recently turned 26 years old and are no longer eligible for insurance through your parent's plan
- Got married or entered into a domestic partnership
- Have recently been affected by wildfires
- Have recently been released from jail or prison
Santa Clara County Plan Information
Select communities in San Benito and Monterey Counties, including Castroville, Hollister, Marina, Prunedale, Salinas, Seaside, and Spreckels Plan Information